Wednesday 18 June 2014

WIP: Bento Box and Project Seventy-Two

Back when I started the Bento Box quilt I didn't have alot on my plate, I was working part time and finding plenty of time to sew. I thought I would have no problem finding the time to quilt it myself... nothing fancy, probably just straight lines with my walking foot... then I got a call and asked to do some contract geophysics work in June. I had promised the quilt would be done before July and if I was going to be doing geophysics in the evenings it was going to cut into my quilting time big time. I can sew blocks together with kids around during the day, but I can't manage a double quilt with them under foot.

It was right about the time I got the call about the geophysics work that my local quilt store started a longarm rental program. I jumped and signed myself up for the certification class to be able to use it and have booked my day to go in a quilt the Bento Box. So that is my self imposed deadline. Next Thursday I get to try my hand at longarm quilting, which was one of my goals from my 100th post.

Over the last couple nights I have taken the 42 blocks from individual blocks to a full quilt top and worked on the appliqué block that is going to be the focal point of the back.


I want to share more photos, but the friends getting this quilt read my blog, and I want it to be a surprise. So only a few sneak peaks.

I also finished making 18 flannel prefold diapers to go with the covers I delivered on the May long weekend. It was great to have a serger on hand to finish seams quickly. Thanks Grandma!


Lastly, I have had lots of time in the yard watching the kids to hand stitch block 2 for Project Seventy-Two. I love the warm weather, and my itsy-bitsy garden certainly does not take much time to care for.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday. 

Thanks for having look around. 
GeoMama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.