Sunday 2 June 2013

Week 12 to 14 & May Weigh In

May has been crazy and I have totally fallen on the regular exercise bandwagon. GeoDad has started his new job in the big city, and we have stayed in Red Deer. This been a huge adjustment for me, and it has been difficult to keep up on both sewing and exercising. The good news is that over the last month I have got both kids going to sleep on their own with out cuddles/hand-holding/hour long productions at both nap times and bed time. This means for the first time in 2 years I am getting a decent nights sleep most nights. I am feeling more rested and not dozing off if I watch cartoons for too long in the morning.

I have 1 more week in Red Deer before I head down to Calgary and to move into the new house. After that GeoDad and I are going to be looking into gym memberships so I can keep working on my goals.

Here is what I have been up to (mostly not exercising):

May10: Babysat at CrossFit, then took LB to the doctor. No exercise
May11: Biked home from my brother's storage garage. First time on a bike in almost 3 years. I was a little shaky and glad it was only a couple kilometers.
May12: Bikram Yoga, class was free for moms today. I made it all the way through the 90 minutes without getting dizzy or thinking I was going to die. I am super pumped about that. 
May13: Walked to CrossFit pushing both kids in the stroller. CrossFit strength: Bench Press 1 Rep Max. 105 lbs. WOD: 4 rounds of run 400m, row 500m. Ran the first two rounds pushing both Monkey, LB and one other 9 month old in my stroller. Finished in 23:09. Ran the whole way!! I am pretty pleased with myself. Walked home. Tired after all that. More days like this will definitely help me to tone up and lose weight. 
May14: Walk with Monkey and the dog in the park.
May15: Walk with kiddos and dog at off leash area.
May16: Crossfit: Strength: Power cleans: 5 rounds of 3 reps at 85%: 55lbs. Finally getting it. Not over thinking it. WOD: 5 rounds of 100 skips, max squats. Completed in 12:38 - max squats for each round were 24-22-20-17-20. 
May17: Babysat at Crossfit in the morning, then the day got away on me while Monkey refused to nap. Then we had company for dinner.
May18: First Farmer's Market of the season near my Mom's house. Walked with the kiddos over to it and back. Sanded the Ugly Hutchling during nap time.

May19-26: I have no idea what happened last week. I know we made it to the babysitting shifts at Crossfit, but with the holiday Monday my week was thrown off. I spent time while kids were napping working on the Ugly Hutchling instead of exercising.

May27: Crossfit: Strength: Rack Jerk test for 1 rep max. 95lbs. Previously I managed 105lbs, but both kids were getting into trouble and I was not focused enough. WOD: As many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of: 3 pull ups, 6 push ups, 9 squats. Completed 13 rounds and 3 extra pull ups. So total of 42 pull ups (with a resistance band for assistance), 78 push ups (from the knees), 117 squats.
May28: Birthday swim with my mom and kids. Happy Birthday Monkey
May29: Ugh, too much cake and a bad sandwich while we were out for Monkey's birthday. Food poisoning sucks.
May30: Still on the mend, and LB was under the weather too.
May31: Last babysitting shift at CrossFit before I move to Calgary. Sad to be leaving this great group of ladies and kids. They have been very motivating and inspirational. It will be nice to find a schedule where I can get out 3 or 4 days a week and exercise each of those days instead of babysitting. I got out for a very leightsure

So since May has ended I should weigh in:
Weight: 230 lbs (down 2 lbs in May, 12 lbs total)

No measurements or photos today, since I haven't made much progress.

GeoMama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.