Wednesday, 3 July 2013

WIP: Background on secret project

In between enjoying all the heat this weekend, and hosting a housewarming party I managed to get the background for the secret project sewn together. It is whopping 60" by 80" (not big by quilt standards, but cumbersome to handle anyway).  It is currenly about 10 inches longer than the pattern calls for so I intend to trim it down once the applique is done. 

I got my printer hooked up and was finally able to run some sheets of hexagon templates (using this template from Texas Freckles) for the silly little hexagon project. I basted the remaining blue hexagons (23 total) and 24 of the peachy-orange ones. The total number of completed flowers is 32, with total of 330 hexagons basted. I also have 13 flowers ready to sew (centers and petals chosen, those are stacks of hexagons below). 

I want to be cool so I am linking up with Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday. 

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy Sewing and thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.