Wednesday 10 December 2014

Things I love

My sewline glue stick and how it makes foundation/paper piecing so much easier.


 And fantastic patterns, like the paper piecing ones from Soma Archarya from www.whimsandfancies.com

And both my Add-a-quarter and Add-an-eigth rulers


And watching a block grow from a seemingly random collection of tiny pieces of fabric


And I love it all even more when I only have to use my stitch ripper once!


Have a Grand Wednesday and thanks for taking a look. Check back in the New Year to see where this block is going.

Linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social and Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday. 

Happy Holidays
GeoMama

6 comments:

  1. Leatina, WOW! That is an amazing piece! You must have made a concert-ed effort, yes, LOL it is quite grand! ;)
    I'll have to look up that glue stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so how do you use the glue stick?? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the glue stick to hold the first piece of fabric on to the foundation paper and then when I finger press each seam I tack the pieces lightly with more glue to hold them where I want them. When I am ready to start assembling the pieces into the bigger block I pin straight through at the point, tack with glue and then remove pins. You aren't the only one who has asked, so I will try to take photos when I do the next block and do a post on how I paper piece such tiny little things.

      Delete
  3. What a fun post! And funny punchline! Your piano block is amazing and you are so right... That Soma does make some beautiful paper piecing patterns. Nice job, Leatina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piano! And I'm very impressed that you only had one seam ripper incident!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great result and excellent value choices. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.