Thursday 9 May 2013

April (hmm, or early May) Weigh In

I would like to start off with an small apology... sorry for not posting more over the last few weeks. As I mentioned last week, things have been chaotic. GeoDad has started at his new awesome job, we have put all our stuff from our house up north in storage (and will get it shipped after get down to our new house in Calgary). We have found place to call home starting in June. It is beautiful 2 story house with 3 bedrooms and a great big deck and good sized yard. Now the downside to all of these good things happening is that for the month of May kiddos and I are staying with my Mom while GeoDad crashes on the spare bed at my Grandma's. My days are way more busy without GeoDad around. I am adjusting ok, but just to keep me on my toes LB is also starting to grow some teeth, so there has been way less sleep at night on his part.

I have not sewn anything at home since getting back from our house packing trip. I basted 17 hexies while driving around Calgary.. but that is the only semi-productive crafting time I have had.

Now it is probably time to admit a few things that I am not proud of from the last few weeks. I have been craving chocolate (which is what I do when I am stressed, and moving stresses me out big time). Cravings aren't so bad if you can manage them in a positive way, like 1 square of dark chocolate after dinner, but I have been caving and eating donuts, cupcakes and brownies. I know that it is not helping me get to my goals and when I am done the eating the chocolate I kind of feel like slapping myself for not being more focused.

Here what I have been doing fitness wise for the last week and bit since getting back from the packing trip.

End of week 10 and week 11 Fitness
May1: Getting back into the swing of things. 30 minute online pilates.
May2: Walk to CrossFit and back pushing both kids in my good double stroller. CrossFit: Strenght; Sumo Deadlifts. 85% at 5x3 reps. I wasn't paying enough attention to what I was doing and did: 85lbs 4x5reps. WOD: 10 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of 5 push press, 7 hang cleans, 9 deadlifts. Completed: 5 rounds. I am over thinking power cleans/hang cleans/etc, and keep not getting it right. I know what the movement should be, and I can't seem to make my body do it. It is pretty frustrating.
May3: Walked to CrossFit pushing both kids in the big stroller. Babysat. Walked home.
May4-5: Took kiddos to Calgary so we could find a house to live in. Does packing the truck count as exercise?
May6: CrossFit: Test for 1 Rep Max Back Squat. 135lbs. Max sit-ups (cap at 50): 50!!! Max push-ups: 22. WOD: Tabata: (8 rounds of each exercise: each round is 20 seconds, 10 second rest): squats, burpees, hollow rocks, push-ups. Completed: 88 squats, 24 burpees, 70 hollow rocks, 51 push-ups. 
May7:Walk at off-leash area with kiddos, grandma, and dogs.
May8: CrossFit: Strength: Rack Jerk 85% 5 by 3 reps. 75lbs. WOD: 21-15-9 reps of deadlifts and box jumps. Deadlifts at 65lbs, stepups on 12inch box completed in 4:38.

And now its time for the weigh in. As of May 2, these are the numbers:
My weight 232 lbs (down 4 lbs since March 31, total 10 lbs lost)
Chest: 36 inches (no change from March 31, down 1 inch total)
Waist: 39 inches (down 2 inches from March 31, down 3 inches total)
Hips: 50 inches (down 0.5 inches from March 31, down 1 inch total)

And Photos... but I will admit is it not a good comparison to see my baggy clothes and my gym clothes side by side (and normally Monkey is wearing pants, but not while I was taking photos today).


Feb 27, 2013 - Start
March 31, 2013 - 5 week Check In
May 9, 2013 - 11 week Check In
I have a ways to go yet, but losing the first 10 lbs, and 5 inches in a good start. There is a few more weeks of chaos until we are completely moved, and then I will work on finding a new routine that works me and kids and that will help me achieve my goals.

I have loved hearing your words of encouragement and thank you for reading, blogging is keep me more accountable to myself (other than the chocolate cake/donuts over the last few weeks).

GeoMama

2 comments:

  1. Hi Geo Mama,

    What a great post!!! I struggle sometimes with the food too, Im to the point now where I notice I'm eating because of how I am feeling. I try to put the craving off for at least a day then ask myself how I'm doing. Water, popcorn, strawberries and yogurt are your friends - also keeping hands busy!! Happy you'll be moving to Cow Town - if you need help moving let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip on cravings. It definitely got me through the weekend. (Other than Mother's Day cake which GeoDad got for me and my mom).

      Delete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.