Wednesday 30 October 2013

Work in Progress: Oct 30th - Oink-a-Doodle Moo

Hey everyone, Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been up to. It has been a slow month for sewing. I have been distracted by many many things (other than my children and their less than ideal nap/sleep schedules). Like getting engaged, and deciding I need more income to help pay for the wedding (if you are in Canada and need toys for gifts this season, check out my Discovery Toys page through the button on the side bar).

As for sewing, I have been slowing plugging basting white on white hexies for my hexagon quilt. I now have 975 white on whites to go with the 364 colored ones already sewn into flowers. Here is what ~900 basted hexies looks like:



I am running out of storage space for these basted hexies, and I need to do roughly 450 more. But first I need to decided on 1.8m more white on white prints to use. 

I have been slowing piecing blocks together for my Oink-a-Doodle Moo quilt too. I have decided on a layout, picked sashing and am ready to piece the front together. Here is a sneak peak:

I have a few more blocks made that will go on the back because I hadn't figured out a layout before I got fussy cutting and making the blocks and I have tons of 2.5 inch squares left that I think are going to be turned into a scrappy binding. 

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday. 
Thanks for checking in, have a great week.

GeoMama


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your hexie project is massive... looks like it's going to be amazing! You should join in the epp linkup party next week over at splish splash stash. I'm excited to follow your progress on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will get on that. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  2. Love the name Oink-a-Doodle-Moo and it looks like the quilt will live up to it's fun name. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Oink-a-Doodle Moo is the name of the fabric line I am using, maybe when I am all done I will have a another name for it, but not quite yet.

      Delete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.