Wednesday 9 October 2013

Work In Progress: Oct 9 - Something new

Good day everyone,
 It has been an exciting week in my sewing room. I now have 1100 total hexies basted on my hexagon quilt. That is 736 white on whites and the 52 flowers. I figured that I needed about 1800, so I am well over half way there!!

 I also finished 4 more Farmer's Wife blocks, and used up the last of my Triangulations paper and cutting instructions I got from the teacher at my local quilt store. I have 27 blocks and am waiting patiently for the next month's class.
Block 73 - Rainbow Flowers
Block 92 - Streak of Lightning
Block 98 - Waterwheel
Block 102 - Whirlpool

All 27 together:


Lastly I started a new project with the generous gifted fabric I got last week. Here is the first block of my Oink-a-Doodle-Moo quilt: 

I don't have a clear plan yet, or any idea how big this will be, but I know I will be fussy cutting a fair bit and using 2.5 inch squares to frame the fussy cuts. 

Linking up with Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Thanks for checking in and have a great week.
GeoMama

4 comments:

  1. I love the oink a doodle. the reds and oranges of the farmers wife blocks are "HOT"

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you've got some epp going, link it up to the party at splish splash stash! let's see your epp. =)

    the oink a doodle is sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will try to get a good post together for the next month's link up, the last couple weeks have been too crazy to get on there.

      Delete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.