Friday 1 March 2013

Week 1 Fitness Update

If has been a great first week of my new fitness/health plan. Part way through the week I was offered a chance to trade some babysitting time at a local CrossFit Gym for an unlimited pass. I will be babysitting during the Mom & Babies class time 2 days a week, and will be able to attend 3 other days when child care is offered (or at other times during the day, but then I need to leave kiddos with GeoDaddy or Grandma). Today I went for the first time to see if I wanted to add CrossFit (http://www.crossfit.com/) to my workout routine. And the answer is totally YES! After just my first class I can sense that the environment is great for achieving goals. Everyone was very positive, encouraging, and honest that it may take time to learn the exercises. There are a couple more Moms in the class with babies about the same age as LB. I have never done squatting, deadlifts, or pressing - so most exercises here will be a whole new thing for me (and I like learning new things). Yoga and walking with the kids will be great on the days I am not doing the CrossFit workout.

I have decided that I will keep a record of my chest, waist and hip measurements, as well as keeping tabs on my weight. Here are my starting measurements:
Chest (below the breasts): 37.25 inches
Waist (1/2 inch above belly button): 42 inches
Hips (widest part): 51 inches

And here is my summary of the week:

Feb24: Wrote my big long list of excuses and realized I was my own worst enemy for getting anywhere on my goals.
Feb25: Gym - 25 minutes on the elliptical & 2 rounds through Set A (see end of this post)  from my personal trainer.
Feb26: Online Yoga - 45 Minute Fusion class
Feb27: Dancing with Monkey 15 minutes, 30 minute walk with both kids
Feb28: Online Yoga - 45 Minute Fusion class
March1: CrossFit WOD (Workout of the Day) (I did this Jerk and worked up to 65 lbs - I am proud of myself)

More updates later on in March.
Thanks for everyone who has sent encouraging words and tips.

GeoMama


2 comments:

  1. Grats to you GeoMAma!

    I've been lacking in my own blog, but I have signed up for the CrossFit Open. Have submitted my scored for 13.1 and will be doing 13.2 this weekend. Rockin' mom and I love CrossFit and I don't think I'll ever stop doing it.

    Keep it up!

    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the lack of time for keeping up on your blog.. silly babies taking all your free time after work.

    I am not ready for the CrossFit Open.. maybe later this year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.