Friday 8 March 2013

Work in Progress: LB's quilt part 3

I am pretty excited. I got a special delivery from my Brother who was just down to see my Grandma. I had been using Grandma's Elna sewing machine but as I said here, Elna needed some repairs (which is understandable because she is 57 years old). Brother delivered me another sewing machine! (Turns out Grandma has 3 in total, plus a serger).

I get to play/sew with a Husqvarna Viking. So far I think it is a pretty sweet little machine. It has automatic needle up/down settings for when you stop stitching. It has 3 speed settings depending what type of sewing you are doing.
The Viking (should I name it Odin or Thor or  Kvasir (God of inspiration)?)

Anyway, this was going to be an update on LB's raggy quilt (see part 1 and part 2 if you have no clue what I am talking about). It is so close to done. I got all the rows stitched together last night which leaves just joining the rows together, stitching around the whole exterior of the quilt and then making it rag, by snipping into the seam allowances about every 1/4 inch. 
Row8 - backside (not raggy)

Row8 - frontside (raggy)

Can't wait to be done and see LB wrapped in his blanket.
GeoMama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.