Wednesday 19 June 2013

WIP: Hexagons and A Secret

The main part of the house is mostly unpacked and I have a great new place to store all my projects. I am working on finding a permanent home for a sewing machine. I am super excited about the two projects I have on the go, so I thought I would do an update. 
  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

So here goes the update:
The silly little hexagon project (last update here) is still waiting on me getting a printer to cut more paper hexagons, so in the mean time I started sewing the already basted and starched hexies together into flowers. I am finding this very enjoyable because I feel like I am finally getting somewhere on this project. 282 basted hexagons will make 40.2 flowers, so I have a bit of time to get a printer figured out.


As for the second project that I am currently working on, it is a big secret. Well I guess its not a complete secret, I am letting everyone know that it is happening. But to keep it as secret as possible I am only showing you 2 pictures:
 A giant cardboard protractor

6 Colors of Quilting Cotton (mostly Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton)

You are curious aren't you? Me too... I haven't really done any appliqué before, and this project has a bunch  crazy amount (probably should have read the pattern more closely before I got started... this is going to be a great way to learn some new skills).

I want to be the like the cool kids in quilting blogland, so I am linking up with Freshly Pieced for WiP Wednesday.
  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

GeoMama

4 comments:

  1. Your hexi flowers are lovely! Hexies are going to be a soon to try thing for me. I'm fascinated by them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them very addictive. And they are nice project for when you only have a couple minutes.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what the quilt is with the crazy amount of appliqué! You have me so curious. Love the hexagons too - but that is a whole lot of flowers to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give you a hint. It is a pattern by Cynthia at http://ahhhquilting.blogspot.ca/

      Delete

Comments are like chocolate, I can always have more.